Friday, November 2, 2018

April 4, 2018 Hate-Love

I was awoken this morning and called to open the Book. Picking up where we left off. There are three portions which spoke to me this morning where I am. First "He who says he is in the light, and hates his brother, is in darkness until now." I John 2:9 NKJV I do not "hate" this person at work, because I truly do love him. But it's hard to love someone who continuously hurts you. So I do resent him. Which I guess is a form of hate right? I will work on "loving" him in my speech and in my heart, no matter how I may have been hurt in the past. Then I struggled with verses 12-14. Three Stages of Spiritual Maturity "I write to you, little children, Because your sins are forgiven you for His name’s sake. I write to you, fathers, Because you have known Him who is from the beginning. I write to you, young men, Because you have overcome the wicked one. I write to you, little children, Because you have known the Father. I have written to you, fathers, Because you have known Him who is from the beginning. I have written to you, young men, Because you are strong, and the word of God abides in you, And you have overcome the wicked one." I John 2:12‭-‬14 NKJV I couldn't connect with it as a father. What is John saying as a father we have known Him from the beginning??? And he repeats it twice!!! So it must be important right? John Maxwell breaks it down into 3 stages of Spiritual Maturity. Little Children-Who are getting right with God and Forgiving of their sins Young Men- Who are waging Spiritual Warfare and defeating opposition Fathers-Who have an Intimacy with God. Why does he repeat it twice? As I reflect, I guess I may have been all three at different times in my life. Currently, I feel I am a young man in spiritual warfare. Lastly, Do Not Love the World. I never thought I was a worldly manna's I am not very materialistic. Tho I do list with the eye as I believe each of us men struggle with daily. I have always, always struggled with the lust of the flesh and lust of the eyes. But today I really feel Good calling me to realize my "pride of life-is not of the Father." I have always put my pride in my work. My work life is not what it should be. I feel God is calling me to give it UP. But I don't know what that means yet. Maybe not the job, but the pride. IDK. "Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—is not of the Father but is of the world. " I John 2:15‭-‬16 NKJV It was a great journey this morning through the Word. I am glad God spoke to me today. I love you both. I hope you have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment