Monday, May 27, 2019

Romantic

Just watched Valentine's Day.  It's a chick flick from like 2010.  I like Rom-Coms.  I'm a romantic.  I like romance.  I love the joy romance brings to a partner.  I love the joy I feel pleasing others.  I love intimacy. I love the spontaneity.  I love the rush.  I love being able to surprise them with a token of love and the reward when it is reciprocated.  I love seduction.  I love intellectual conversation.  I find it stimulating.  I love the mind.  I love a good mind fuck.  I guess my mind is always searching for the next way to romance, seduce, pleasure, stimulate and love...

I confess all of this because I guess I'm conflicted.  When my partner does not like romance, intimacy or seduction (giving or receiving) I feel neglected.  Neglected in my own pleasure, but more neglected in my desire to pleasure another.

My conflict resides in my Faith in Jesus.  Am I being selfish in my personal pleasure and not focused enough of God's will for me?  Am I not focused enough on the absolute Joy I can and will receive from Jesus?  Or do I just want that physical, mental satisfaction from a human being? 

God clearly wants me to be with my partner who absolutely has a polar opposite perspective on any romantic/intimacy scale.  It has been said, "opposites attract.". When does the attraction begin?  IDK. 

No comments:

Post a Comment