2012 is gone. It is in the past. I did not accomplish many of the goals I set for myself this year. And yet I accomplished so many. I accomplished all of the pre-req's I needed to acquire my EMT-P except I didn't take the National Registry Paramedic test before October so now I'm down 24 hour re-cert class again. But I don't think I will get my P back, however much I want it... However I finally was selected to go to Gangs. I have been given the opportunity to lead the team and bring it out of a dismal reputation. The team is working like a well oiled machine. The troops are reaching every potential they didn't even know they had.
I have never felt more comfortable, more in-sync in any position I have ever worked with the exception of when I was a paramedic. Great to be surrounded by great men who work hard and work for sound leadership who allow the work to be done the right way. Taught Combat Medicine for Annual Training. went far better than I expected it to...
2013 sets some new opportunities for me. I am beginning Leadership Development Institute (LDI) for the next six months and also simultaneously begin POST Master Instructor/Instructor Development Institute (IDI) for the next 18 months. Looking forward to IDI more than LDI. Funny how a Leadership and Instructor Leadership class can have soooo many "I's" in their acronyms... HA!!! Guess that's just a testament of the leaders who develop these courses...We'll see how they go.
On a personal note we are coming up on Andy's 4 year anniversary. I have neglected to get the AMCF Non-Profit up and running months ago. So add another major project on top of everything else. But we'll get it goin. The goal is to have it completed by the 5year anniversary.
Would like to focus more time to home school my kids to help Ryan and work more with the children. Haven't been much help the last 6 months. Looking forward to taking a bigger role in their education. Blessed to have such an amazing neighborhood of friends we live with and share our lives with. We are pretty blessed. Not sure why God has given me such amazing blessings when I fail so often for Him.
Need to get back in my walk with Jesus. Pastor Aaron said today that He will be there for you at every crossroad. Yet the only thing I could think was, Why do I keep walking away??? I am a sinner and in such a failure. That doesn't sit well with me because I don't fail when I know what to do. Yet I fail daily. 2013 brings new opportunities for accomplishments, success, grace, forgiveness, and wisdom. But without Jesus none of that happens. Amazing how I KNOW this and still walk away thru sin... Pray for my strength. See ya next month.
No comments:
Post a Comment