Tuesday, August 17, 2010

New Schedules new opportunities

1 comment:

  1. Today we began a new schedule. First day of CHAMPS for Jake. After school, Charlie and Jake had first day of soccer practice at Upward Bound at HCC. Charlie's happy cause she's playing on an all girl team. She's doin well. The monkey is just an animal. He loves playing sports. It's intrinsic to him. Amazing. There was a little frustration because I was supposed to be coaching with Jeff and Darin, but I told Ry, "It happens for a reason. Maybe we are meant to come into someone elses lives" I mean, I have no control. God does. I don't know why things happen but I do know they tend to happen for a reason. Even if we never know the reason. I laughed because the huddle talk was based upon a Proverbs verse saying basically, "It's not your plan, it's God's." Which was exactly what I was saying. There is a reason why God has us here.

    So I'm helpin with Jake's practice and one of the gentlemen is a Freemason. I have been looking into becoming a Freemason for a long time. I don't know any Freemasons and you have to be sponsored to become one. The history of the Masons are incredible. Christian Crusaders, Knights of the Templar, defenders of Jesus Christ. There seems to be a lot of honor among them. Many of out country's presidents have been Freemasons. So I am intrigued none the less.

    Ry starts work tomorrow night so our schedule begins... She made a great dinner and an amazing Peach Pie from scratch. She has never done something like that. It am truely blessed to have her in my life. I was helping the kids with homework today when the 80's song "Lady in Red" came on. I swept Ryan off her feet and made her slow dance with me to the music in the kitchen. Then I gave her a quick kiss at he end. The kids loved it. It made me smile too. I love doing things like that. I dont think she always does. But she catered to my insanity today. ;0)

    So I got an offer to teach at a SWAT medic class for the FBI. I am totally stoked about this. TEMS is absolutely my passion and I have yet to reach that goal completely yet in life. All in good time I know. It's God's plan. But I am very honored to be given the opportunity.

    I hope I get the opportunity to get back on the team. I miss it. One day it it is HIS plans. I know to be true.

    So my mom came down last weekend for a Dr.'s appt. The Dr.'s still don't know what is wrong. It has been kind of frustrating. The Dr.'s are saying it's a medical mystery. It's not. They are just solving for the obvious instead of thinking outside the box and what is the minority or rare problem. Whatever. I hope she feels better and the Dr.'s are able to narrow something down. I wish i could get her better care. She is pretty healthy though for a 60 year old lady... Anyway, I'm out. Make a difference today...

    ReplyDelete