Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Tiny Blessings

My life is blessed with so many things.  A healthy, growing family that I try so dearly to stop and watch grow each day.  My mom is in overall generally good health, although she lives a fair distance away.  My brother just got back from a corporate fishing trip in Alaska.  He has always been my inspiration and my guide in life on how to become a man of character.  Although we each have our faults as no man is perfect, he is a great, great man.  I believe my benevolence comes largely from him.  I don't know if he appreciates how great he is.  This is a man who finished High School, touched a little in college then found his calling in sales.  He was a tenacious salesman.  He worked himself all the way up the corporate ladder and now sits in a Regional Manager/Vice President position making well over six figures a year.  Not bad for a college grad. 

I love my wife and appreciate her more and more each day.  What used to rub me a lil wrong now has become a huge gift and display of her love for me.  She is not the perfect woman for me.  Not the one imagined or desired or thought I would end up with.  But she makes me grow.  She challenges my patience, my understanding, my love and communication.  She challenges everything.  Better said she challenges me in everything.  I know God has put her in my life to help my grow into the man He wants me to be.  I know I often fall short of that as well.  But as I mature, whatever that means, I see how she has helped me evolve.  She is not the most caring, nurturing, or supportive woman I have ever known.  But maybe that's what I need.  To do God's will.  I don't kow the answers.  But I know He wants more out of me.  And she's not holding me back from that,as i once thought.  She is just developing me in the long run to make it happen.  Wow!!!  God is amazing.  And I am humbled. 

Mattie

  

No comments:

Post a Comment