Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Five Year Plan

It is election time in our country.  I, like many other citizens are tired of the corruption that has plagued our nations politics.  Tired of incumbants who do nothing for the people they serve, only serving themselves to have another term.  Our country's government was designed to have people in office who "represent" their community.  Hence the term representative.  It seems like our system is failing.  It is scary to think our the future of our country. 

The thought of running for office has always been in the backof my mind.  In the current political climate it surfaces even more.  Ryan has told me that she absolutely supports me in this endeavor.  She said to me "I can see your name on one of those signs."  Referring to the campaign signs posted all over town.  I'm not sure if she realizes the impact that has on me.  One of the most supportive statements she has made.  So WE come up with a five year plan.  In the next five years or so I am thinking of running for Rancho City council.  Maybe SB Co Board of supervisors one day.  With either position I have desire to leave my family for Sacramento or DC.  I believe the phrase "All politics is local." is very true.  One must appeal to, listen to, and fight for the local citizens concerns.  Our country is in dire need of true leadership.  The sheep have gone astray and there are no sheepdogs to guide them back in order.  That is probably because many of the sheepdogs have forgotten their responsibilty to care for the sheep and are thinking only about themselves and how great a sheepdog they can become.  They ahve forgot the principle of being a sheepdog.  It's not about how great you can be.  It's about protecting the sheep and developing the sheep to become the greatest sheep THEY can become.  Our sheepdogs who have lost sight of that.  The five year plan is now in progress. 

No comments:

Post a Comment