So Ryan and I actually got to spend some husband/wife time the other day. What a blessing. We went to breakfast when the kids were in school on Monday because she didn't have to work that night. She told me she is ready to stay home with the kids. WOW! I want to be sure she is DONE because that is a big decision she is making for the family. Mainly because she is giving up her career to be a mom. A full-time job in and of itself. But she sounds pretty sure. It's not the first time she has brought this up. So we came up with a three year plan.
In three years, absent any success with the business we should be debt free. So being debt free, we can live on one salary. Keeping in mind that we don't go further into debt in the process. I am sure with a little discipline and lot of saying "No" to each other and the children we can do it, no problem. I am excited about it. I think it will be good for our family. Ryan and I won't have to juggle two schedules just to get a night off together. Let alone schedule a vacation or something.
So begins the struggle. Each night she goes to work I wish she could stay home. Each night I go to work she pleads with me to stay home. so the struggle begins. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. But we are not there yet. But without struggle there is no reward.
No comments:
Post a Comment